Life gets in the way sometimes.

Today we had a potluck at work to celebrate the end of another fiscal year & a co-worker's birthday. Every other time that's I've participated in a lunch like this, I was the girl who brought chips or drinks or something pre-made like a tray of veggies and dip. I'm trying to step more out of my comfort zone these days so I decided that for this particular event I would contribute a cake!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook and do so all the time. My problem is that I'm super shy and baking something would obviously bring some attention to me that I don't necessarily want. I still went for it though.

The cake I made was very basic but since this Pot Luck was last minute I had to run out to the grocery store to purchase a cake mix, jell-o (name brand), cool whip and some strawberries. My mother was supposed to lend me a container that I could use to store and transport the cake... but then she could not find it! I had to go back out and spend some more money! This whole experience ended up costing me just under $30 but it was totally worth it. The cake turned out wonderfully and everyone loved it! And now I have requests to make it again for future lunches and I thankfully have the container to carry it around in. Win-win!

In other news today is pay day! I don't remember the last time I still had over $100 left in my account on pay day but today was such a day! As soon as my pay hit my automatic transfers went to work. I love that I finally got around to setting those up! The only thing I have left to do is call the bank and set up my RRSPs. I've given myself up until this weekend to get that done.

2 comments:

And do you plan on sharing that yummy recipe with us? Nice to see a new blog!

I will def post the recipe! It's so easy it's not even funny! I will be remaking the cake this weekend and I'll take some pics to make it more interesting :D

Thanks for coming by, I really enjoy your blog!

Post a Comment